Wednesday, July 24, 2013

We've been busy.

Here's a run down on what has happened since my last post.

Cason has been diagnosed with a Chiari Malformation. We are still unsure at this point if he needs surgery. This is causing minor hydrocephalus. He has also been having seizures. We tried a new medicine and his body metabolized it too quickly. It was like an overdose. He was in a coma for 18 hours. About a month ago he was admitted to the hospital in anaphylactic  shock.  He did not have any of his normal allergic reaction symptoms and this was very delayed. It was scary!!! He has also seen the allergist at National Jewish in Denver. He wants to admit him to get his eczema under control. On a better note, we have taken milk, soy, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots off of his food allergy list!! :)

We moved ... Again ... The end of April. The main sewer line had broken in the house we were renting. The landlord refused to fix it. There was literally raw sewage filling up the backyard. We are still in a battle with that! 

Callans blood sugars have been crazy. Today his A1C was to high to read. :( I feel like a failure. I give it my all, and my all isn't good enough. The dr decided to take him off of the pump for a little while in hopes that we can get better control. I am frustrated!!

1 comment:

  1. I ran across this blog when I was looking up a good lesson to teach my kids about doing hard things. I keep thinking about your post and feel like you need to know what a good mother you are. Because you love your children and want the best for them, you are a good mother. Nobody expects you to be perfect. You can't do everything. Just do the best you can and ask for help.

    I don't know if you're religious, but I know when I pray and trust in my Savior, he takes on burdens that I can't and helps me learn what I can do. I receive the inspiration I need when I need it in raising my children. I don't have the burdens you do but raising 6 children to be responsible adults is hard work. Keep at it! Be strong! You can do hard things with a smile. Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete

Share it