Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Diaversary Club.

It's been a minute .. or maybe a month or two. ;)     A lot has happened.   I'll post about all of that soon!   I just wanted to make a quick post about my new project:




As Callans first diaversary approached, I tried to think of ways to make the day special for him. I didn't want it to be a sad day, and let diabetes win. I wanted it to be a day that he looks back on and says "Look how far I've come!" So I started a diaversary card exchange in my facebook group that is for parents of babies/toddlers with diabetes.

When Callans first diaversary came, the cards and even small gifts, were pouring in. Callan was so happy, and excited! When I told him that these were from other kids with diabetes just like him, he was even more excited!! It was an amazing day.





Callans FIRST diaversary cake!

I want to extend this opportunity to the rest of the DOC. It doesn't matter how old you are, or how long since the diagnosis. I want to help you, or your little one feel special and not so alone on that day!

I am looking for volunteers to make cards each month. For your privacy, these will be sent to me, and then I will send all of them to your address. This is free! You just need to sign up!

If you are interested, please send me a message on Facebook through The Diaversary Club or you can email me!




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Can i get some info. about the Diaversary Club? This is for my son and he so needs cheering up we are in full on burnout, I dont know how to make things better. He has had diabetes half his life. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget