Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hi.

And I don't mean hello.

Every single day for the past few weeks Callan has had the dreaded "Hi" reading. I wish the meter was just genuinely telling me hi. Maybe it knew I was having a bad day and was reaching out to talk to me. To let me know that everything is going to be okay. But, unfortunately, our meter isn't that friendly. It means that Callans bg is over 600.

I have adjusted his insulin, restricted carbs, drowned him in water. Nothing is working. I know this means that we are officially out of the honeymoon stage and that makes me a little sad.

I don't want to even start to think of the long term repercussions this is having on my sweet 3 year olds body. It makes my heart hurt. :(

In a few weeks we have our first appointment with our new endo in Denver. I'm hoping and praying that we can start the pumping process. Maybe even get a CGM.

Please keep him in your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget