Monday, July 23, 2012

Mr. Cason.

My 1 year old has had quite the hard life. He was born 5 weeks early, spent 3 weeks in NICU, 2 of those being intubated. He has severe food allergies and is developing new ones everyday!

Over the past month or so he has been doing something that scares the crap out of me! He will get mad and hold his breath until he turns blue. During that time his body is stiff, hands in fists, toes curled, and his back is arched. It looks like he is having a seizure!

Friday night he got really mad at me because his food was all gone and he wasn't ready to be done! He did the breath holding bit, but this time it was different. He didn't breath for over a minute. His eyes were rolled back in his head and I panicked! I called 911 and the poor lady couldn't understand a word I was saying! The ambulance got there within seconds, and right as thy came up he started breathing again.

Today we made a trip to the pedi to get to the bottom of it. He was diagnosed with breath holding spells. The dr is referring him to a neurologist, and has ordered an EEG with sedation. (This makes me nervous because he's had seizure like activity while on Ativan and Versed while in the NICU!)

The dr also did bloodwork and it came back positive for Celiacs disease. We also added a new allergen ... Milk! :(

This is so much to take in and I'm feeling super overwhelmed right now!

1 comment:

  1. Omg. Feeling overwhelmed is probably an understatement. Wish I could help in some way. Maybe you could facebook me and keep in touch ? Julie Fitzgerald.

    ReplyDelete

Share it