Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Oh what a busy week it has been!

Tuesday we took our trip to ABQ to see the endocrinologist.  It has been in the high 80's for the past few weeks here.  Well, that day it decided to SNOW! We had left at 6am, I was in some sweat pants because it's a 3.5hr trip there. I thought I had brought a pair of jeans and capris with me. Think again!  I had capris and flip flops in the snowy 32* weather.

Callans appointment was okay. His A1C went up from 8 to 8.7.  :/   We've had a lot of highs because he's been sick.  He is also being referred to a GI because he tested positive for Celiacs.  Just another thing to add to our bucket of things going on!  His appointment lasted a whole 20 minutes ... seems like such a short appointment for a 3.5hr drive!!

Afterwards we went to our most favorite place to eat, Red Robin. :)  There isn't one where we live so we only get it once every 3 months!  After that we went to the Albuquerque Aquarium.  The boys had so much fun!

Callan was afraid the fish would get him!




Cason also had an appointment with the dermatologist in ABQ.  They didn't really tell us anything that his allergist hadn't already told us, so it felt like a waste of time!  He has been having some issues as well.  For the past week he's had white diarrhea, and has been throwing up!  I'm afraid he's developing an allergy for milk.  

Thursday night our pedi told me to take him to urgent care.  We went there, and they sent us straight to the ER.  Cason had a rash on his face that looked like he had a sunburn, plus the diarrhea, vomiting, and a fever of 101.   The ER dr wasn't concerned at all. He asked me why I would even bring him in for a rash since he already has eczema, and that white diarrhea is normal!  I asked him a question about what was going on with Cason and he told me to stop trying to find things wrong with my kids!  Like I REALLY need more things wrong!



The next day I took him to his pedi and she thinks that it was just fifths disease.  I'm not too sure though.  She ordered a stool sample, and that's sitting in my refrigerator until tomorrow.  She's also referring him to a GI. 

I hope everyone had a less eventful week than me, and y'all are having a great Easter!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wow, poor little men, and what a douche of an ER doc! My Kortnie (also T1), had lactose intolerance when she was little, maybe right after her 1st bday, she was throwing up and it looked kind of like cottage cheese and had not really white diarehha, but very light colored and very stinky, also bad gas. She drank Soy Milk and we kept her away from cheese and ice cream, yogurt was okay every now and then. Probably around the age of 4 we started phasing cheese and other dairy products back into her diet and now she seems to no longer have the lactose problems, however she really dislikes' cows milk and will only drink Almond or Soy Milk now (I buy Almond Milk for her in those vacumed rectangle box packages that are shelf stable, buy them at Trader Joe's whenever we go to Phoenix, only 2gCarbs per 1 cup)

    ReplyDelete

Share it