Monday, March 5, 2012

The crazies.

All of this stress has finally caught up to me.  My dr sent me to the ER last week because of chest pain, which we ultimately found out was caused from STRESS. My RESTING heart rate was 112 bpm. RESTING!   Along with some excellent medication, I'm supposed to spend 20 minutes a day doing something just for me.  I'm not allowed to think about diabetes, allergies, money, or anything that might cause me stress.  Who are these people kidding?

I don't know about y'all but I can't just shut my mind off.  It is constantly going at full steam....

Did I calculate Callans carb/insulin ratio right?  
Should I check his bg now or is it too soon? 
Is he hugging me because he's low? (which is my cue that he is unfortunately!) 
Did Cason just eat something off of the floor?   
Did it have gluten/peanuts/soy/eggs/dog or cats in it?  
Why is there something on the floor when I just swept and mopped minutes ago?!?!?  

I can go on for hours here people!

So my question for y'all is, how do you get your ME time?  It's been so long that I've done anything that didn't really involve my kids, especially kids with medical needs, that I don't even know what to do!  If I sit down to read a book it's usually a book about diabetes or allergies.  If I get on the computer I'm pinning things about diabetes or allergies.  What else is there to do?  Is there actually life beyond diabetes and allergies?!?  Help me!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is that with time, it does get easier, I don't have the allergy problems that you have to deal with, but I think even with time that will get easier. Maybe to get some "me" time, you can make a treat, then stick a movie in and sit on the couch with them and just watch the movie and enjoy it. Gotta take care of yourself in order to take care of them. Hang in there Momma!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget