Wednesday, January 4, 2012

8 is GREAT!

Callan had his first endo appointment yesterday!  We left early for the 3.5hr drive up there, and arrived with only 20 minutes to spare. I didn't know what to expect, so I was super nervous!  I have not been in contact with our old endo since November, and I've pretty much just been winging it.  I thought that I was for sure in for a lashing.

I love love love our endo.  She told me that I was doing a great job, and that Callans A1C is 8!  Woot woot!  It's amazing how one little number can melt all the stress away .. at least for a few minutes!

On a side note, Callan cried when they checked his blood pressure but didn't cry when they drew blood.  So silly!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hi Andi, congrats on the a1c of 8 that is awesome. you have done a good job. I too am a mom of Gabby(5) that has had diabetes since age 2. I found your blog while on pinterest. With normal kids kudos for anyone who could find time to blog, let alone controlling diabetes on top of that, you rock. Reading through your post I noticed myself thinking been there done that. Hang on I think its wonderful you are doing this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tami! :) It's nice to know that I'm not alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your trials. My Callan is 9 years old and she was diagnosed a type 1 diabetic when she was 7. It's nice to know that other parents stress over doing things right and how awesome our kids are!!!!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget