Monday, November 21, 2011

Hot Diggity Dog

My boys love going to Sam's Club. It means samples + a gigantic hot dog.  As soon as we pull up they are usually screaming "I NEED A HOT DOG!"  So, we go in and head straight to order them what their little hearts desire. I walk up, and look for nutritional information near the counter. There isn't any. I noticed on the menu board it says "Nutritional Information Available Upon Request." So I ask the young girl for that information. The conversation goes a little like this:

Me: Hi, Can I get your nutritional information pleeeaassee?
Her: We don't have any.
Me: Right up there on your board it says it's available upon request, and I am requesting it!
Her: Yeah. Hahaha. I don't even know why that says that. What did you want to order?
Me: Well, I need 2 hot dogs, but I need to know the nutritional information for the bun.
Her: Oh, don't worry. They are beef hot dogs.
Me: I don't care what the hot dog is. I NEED TO KNOW THE NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE BUN.
Her: Um, Do you want me to get my manager?

Do you freaking think! If you know me in real life, you know that I don't like confrontations. I am quiet, and usually just let things slide off my back. But my baby wants a hot dog, and dangit he is going to get a hot dog!

I am still new to diabetes. I do not feel comfortable with just guessing how many carbs there are in a super sized hot dog bun. I'm still so scared of under dosing, or over dosing. So the manager comes up .. gives me the same spiel as her. I was pretty much yelling at this point. I explained to him that my son has diabetes, he wants a hot dog, and I need to know how many carbs are in a bun so that I can give him the right amount of medicine. He eventually looked it up on the computer.

36. I am going to tattoo that number on my body just in case we ever go to Sam's again.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I feel your frustration. I always just guess 15g per peice of bread, it seems like mostly its a wild guess with a toddler anyway , accounting for the mashed up bits and whats left over...
    If Reuben had his way it would always be eat the meat and leave the bread, which is perfect cos then I dont have to bolus at all.lol.
    crazy life :(

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget