Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Braggin'

Yes, that's right. I'm going to brag. :)

As of yesterday, Callan, my TWO YEAR OLD type 1 baby can check his bg all by himself.  Of course he doesn't know how to read the number .. but he can put the strip in, prick his finger, and the whole shabang.

Then after lunch yesterday he said "I shoot me. I wanna do it."  I didn't understand what he was saying at first .. but then I realized that he was asking to give himself his shot.  So I dialed that baby up, handed it to him, and he gave himself a shot, in his leg of all places!  (He really prefers arms)

I am so proud, my heart is just bursting.  I know it sounds kind of weird to say, but if I had to pick any of my kids to deal with this, I know Callan would be my choice.  He's so strong, and tough ... except when it comes to fish!   Had to share this. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget